Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tree Box - Guest Designer!

My very talented husband sat down with me recently and designed a Christmas Tree box for me to use for my Stampin' Up! workshops.  And at my Open House recently, guess what was a HUGE hit??  Brian's Christmas Tree!!  So he's my first guest designer.  :-)


It's quite simple to put together.  You can download the template from Google Docs HERE.  It's in two parts, so you can print the top and base on separate coloured cardstock (I've used Old Olive and Chocolate Chip).  Then all you need to do is stamp one side (I've used Organic Outlines in Versamark and Chocolate Chip), cut, score and glue together!  The base comes off so you can use the box for giving chocolates.  The only extra embellishment I added was to use Crystal Effects on the circles in the stamp pattern.  I think it's rather elegant - I'd love to know what you think!

If you make one of these boxes and post a picture on your blog, please be kind and post a link back to here so that everyone knows where it came from.  Thanks!


Materials:
Card Stock - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set - Organic Outlines
Inks - Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Cutter Kit, Crystal Effects


Find the tutorial HERE.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I like it! How are we going to tell Brian he's clever without him getting a swelled head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm pretty sure that will give him a swelled head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's pretty clever! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An artistic engineer! Well done Briany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle this is just the cutest, absolute cutest template, and to hear your hubby created it makes it even more special! We showcased your awesome template on our blog today, thank you for sharing.
    http://www.clearandsimplestampsonline.com/2010/01/artfulthankyous/

    ReplyDelete