Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Photoberfest... Kids

You may have already seen this photo on my blog, it's one I took a week ago.  But today I'm re-blogging it because I'm entering it into a competition called Photoberfest.  It's a competition on Katie Evans' blog, Katie Evans Photography.

If you haven't come across her blog, you really should visit.  She has fabulous photography tutorials and brilliant tips, and my absolute favourite thing about her blog (so far!) is that she doesn't make you feel silly for not knowing things.  I know that might sound silly, but I'm a huge advocate for people who empower others while teaching.

So.  The competition!  There's a theme each week (this week it's kids), and entries are posted on a Pinterest pinboard.  The Kids Board is HERE.  Information about voting can be found HERE, but essentially the winner each week is the owner of the photo with the most "likes".  As much as I would love to beg everyone who visits here to go and vote on my photo, I really think that if you do visit, you should vote for the photo you like the most... and why not enter yourself!?

Here's my first entry (you can enter 3 times each week):


I wanted to tell you a little bit about this photo, and why it's one of my favourites of my daughter.  Olivia has been brilliant with agreeing to be photographed for my various photography assignments for Oh Shoot, but I love this one the most because I was supposed to be taking a photo of two of her toys (Mr Bump and Mr Happy).  I was blabbering on about how she was doing a great job holding them still for me so I could adjust my camera settings... while I was focusing on her and waiting for her to look up.  It was worth it to get those baby blues!



Thanks for visiting, and make sure you check out Katie Evans Photography!


Supplies






Danielle

1 comment: