Thursday, August 18, 2011

Art Journal - The Girl In Me

This week's theme is The Girl In Me, and we were asked to "Create a spread or a page using the concept of hand-drawn girls. I want you to actually draw a character in your book!"  Eeek!  There's a HUGE reason I watercolour stamped images... I can't draw my own!


I used my new Distress Stains and inks, and I had another go with my Derwent Inktense Pencils.  I'm a complete novice with them, but I'm enjoying learning!

Thanks for stopping by!


Materials:
Cardstock - Watercolour paper
Inks - Derwent Inktense Pencils, Distress Stains
Accessories - Aquash water brush


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic xx I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, what do you mean when you say you can't draw your own images? This is WONDERFUL! I love the hair, I love that deep blue eye, I love the positioning on the page, I love it all! I might have to start my own art journal, I'm enjoying yours so, SO much, and you inspire me.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgous... you are such a talented chicken xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Anonymous is me - Colleen... was the only way I could post... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. And I thought fire breathing was your secret talent... why am I not really surprised?! I love this to bits, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete