Sunday, December 5, 2010

Swaps, JAI Style!

Welcome to the Just Add Ink Swap Hop!
 Photobucket 

We recently had a card swap at Just Add Ink - a swap is where all participants make multiple copies of one card design and send them off to the rest of the group. What you end up with is a copy of everyone's cards, but you've only had to design one!  It's a great way to see different techniques and styles.

Here's how our Swap Hop works... There are 14 stops on our Swap Hop (Just Add Ink and each of our 13 Design Team members), but the hop is set up in a loop so it doesn't matter where you start. All you need to do to follow along is click the Swap Hop button at the end of each post and you'll be taken to the next stop! The great part of that is that you can do the Swap Hop whenever you want.

Here's the card I designed for our swap.  It took me ages to come up with it - it's a bit stressful coming up with a design for awesome card makers!!




The background is the small background stamp from Apple Blossoms, stamped repeatedly in Crumb Cake ink - about 12 times in total.  I used my faithful Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (if you need a tutorial, check out mine on our previous Blog Hop... after you finish this one!!).


Of course I had to add a bow!!


Well, that's my swap!  I hope you liked my card.  :-)  Here are the details of what I used:

Materials:
Stamp sets - Apple Blossoms
Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Inks - Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Accessories - Very Vanilla ribbon, dimensionals, Big Shot, Top Note die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, sponges

And now you're off to see the DELECTABLE Amanda Reddicliffe!

Photobucket

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. I love this card. The colours are sooooo elegant and it works so well with that flower. and your patience to stamp the background.....boy oh boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle this is soooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful. I love the bows you make they are so perfect. Great colour combo. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, it's GORGEOUS! Your fellow card-makers would have been thrilled to receive this beauty. Your work is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card Danielle! I really love it!!! Love the stamps you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card love the colours and the bow so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delectable? Oh you're too kind. Your card looks divine here and even more impressive in person. You're one talented chick, Danielle Daws. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card, and the colours you chose are perfect (my fave). Thanks also for all your hard work behind the scenes in getting our little Swap Hop happening :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card!!! Love that flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very elegant card, and I love the colours!! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle I loved receiving your card and especially one which has your famous 'perfect' bow! Your patience in creating all these cards is commendable, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Danielle! It's my favorite on the hop. Will def. be casing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW another very patient background stamper! Love everything about ur card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There something to be said about the Stamp-a-ma-jig, and anyone who doesn't have one, will after seeing this! I love the colours and am excited to have a real live (?) DD bow in my collection now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Danielle, I loved your swap. It took Tania to work out what the background stamp was! That had me intrigued. I love the layout and the great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card Danielle. The background looks so effective and your bow is perfect as always! Wish I could get mine that neat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM!! The colours are divine, and I love how you've used that stamp set, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Danielle! I love all the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved everything you did on this card and these colours are my fave too. Thanks so much for this beautiful, elegant card. Im thrilled to have it in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Honestly I love this card Danielle! Its very classy and warm. You're not the only one who needs to acquire another lvl2 hostess set - lol! cause I love the effect you got with the spots on the background!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a gorgeous card Danielle. The colours are so rich and elegant. And the bow is just perfect, as always. I'm so glad to have a DD original in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very elegant, Danielle (as per usual!) Love the vibrant colours ...and that bow is to die for! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous Danielle - one of my fave sets and the colours are delicious!

    ReplyDelete