Friday, June 18, 2010

Kiss Me, Baby - Just Add Ink Challenge #22

So... have you been kissing lately?  Before I get all sorts of cheeky messages, I mean have you been kissing with your stamps??  It's a super easy technique, but one that I often neglect.  Not for this Just Add Ink Challenge though!

There's a fantastic tutorial on Split Coast Stampers if you want to see how it's done in photographs.  But, basically you need two stamps - one with a solid image and one with a pattern, and two ink colours.  In my card I used Upsy Daisy as my solid image and Baroque Motifs as my pattern. 

You ink up your solid stamp with the lightest of your two inks (I used Tempting Turquoise) and then ink your patterned stamp with the darker of the two inks (Rich Razzleberry).  Then you get your stamps to "kiss" by stamping your pattern onto your solid image.  You may need to huff on your solid image (heavy breathing... gosh, this is sounding bad, isn't it??) to re-moisten the inks, and then you stamp your solid image onto your cardstock.  Confusing?  Just remember - your patterned stamp doesn't ever make contact with the paper.

I then decided to clear emboss over the top... I so love my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!  All you do is ink your cleaned stamp with Versamark, line it up with your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, stamp, apply clear embossing powder and heat.  So easy and it really makes your image pop just that little bit more.

Enough chatter... I'd love to know what you think!





And here's the actual challenge... are you going to have a go??





Materials:
Stamp sets - Upsy Daisy, Baroque Motifs
Cardstock - Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Inks - Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Versamark
Accessories - Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, clear embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Danielle.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...totally forgot about the kissing technique. I may just have a go this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the bright colours against all the white space. Beautiful card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just LOVE this card. i can't stop gushing over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card, thanks for letting us know how to use the Kissing Technique, I will have try this.
    Thanks for the inspirartion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle
    I demonstrated the 'kissing' technique at my last workshop, where I met somone who knows you. I am not sure if it was the technique that increased the attendance and sales, but I know the hostess was pleased with what was demonstrated and the success of her workshop! I am sure it raised a few eyebrows/questions when they went home and said they had been learning how to 'kiss' stamps! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, thank you for the kind comment you left in my blog, I appreciate it. It was nice to have you visit me :)
    I just adore your card, it's really elegant and simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome!! Will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing as always Danielle! Im certainly going to give kissing a try. Then I might try this stamping technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *old granny voice* Kissing ... heavy breathing... you ought to be ashamed of yourself! ;)
    This card is stunning, and THANK YOU for sharing exactly how you put it together, will have to give it a go - Love the effect, you're so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, love, love, love the card. Colours are very eye catching, adore the combo together. Thanks for explaining the "kissing" technique!!LOL will have to try that.....all by myself...LOL Cheers Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete