Friday, February 12, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #4 - Colour Combination

We're up to Challenge #4 at Just Add Ink, and this week it's a colour combination.  The colours work beautifully together, but I still found it difficult to come up with a design that I was happy with.  I think it's because we have such an amazing Design Team and I worry that my creations won't come up to scratch.  If you haven't had a look at their creations for this week, make sure you do.  They're jaw-droppingly gorgeous!

Anyway, here's the colour palette: 




If you've been following Just Add Ink from the beginning, you'll notice that we've changed the 'look' of the colour challenge layout.  What it means is that each time we have a colour challenge, there will be 4 colours to use, plus your choice of neutral (to help add balance).  This way you're not restricted to the neutral we've chosen.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on our new 'look'!


Here's my creation for this week:



I've had this stamp set, For The Bride, for a few months now, but I hadn't been inspired to use it.  But when I saw the colours, it kept popping into my mind.  I had no idea why, because More Mustard really isn't a wedding colour!  So I tried a few different stamp sets, but I kept being drawn back to this one.  I think the bride looks gorgeous white embossed on Bella Bleu DSP.  What do you think?

Here's a close up of the button I made to go in the centre of the bow. 


They're surprisingly easy to make, and you can co-ordinate you buttons to suit your project perfectly.  You can find my Designer Button tutorial HERE.

I love reading your comments, so please leave me one!

Materials:
Stamp Sets - For The Bride, Garden Whimsy (Sage Shadow background), Season of Joy (flourish on the button)
Cardstock - Kraft, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, More Mustard
Designer Series Paper - Bella Bleu
Inks - Versamark
Accessories - White embossing powder, heat tool, Rose Red ribbon, circle punch, kitchen string, Stampin' Dimensionals


I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!


Photobucket


Click HERE to visit my Stampin' Up! website.

6 comments:

  1. I love your bow, but Especially the button! Checked out the tutorial, and now I know what I'm doing today, making buttons from ALL my DSP packs! Thanks for the inspiration! Nicole Derendorf

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Danielle. I forget about stamping on DSP...I have done it before - but not for a while. It's such a beautiful set too. Love you bow and button too. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Danielle .... very elegant, soft and simple .... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and elegant card Danielle! Actually, I have never thought to stamp on DSP. Think I am going to have a go now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! What an elegant card...I love the way the image looks on the dsp. Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, stunning, stunning! I love the Garden Whimsy stamped background; the DSP you stamped onto is perfect for this image (that intricate detail looks fantastic); and your ribbon and button details are perfect. Love this, Danielle (have I mentioned that already???!!!).

    ReplyDelete